Join a growing team! GEEK911 realizes that good people are critical to the success of any business. We pride ourselves on the skills and professionalism of our staff, and invest heavily in their training and development. When you join GEEK911 your support and ongoing training is critical to our business and to the success of our clients.
GEEK911 is looking for a highly skilled on-site computer technician with some sales experience to sell, service, repair, set up & maintain computer systems and networks for home and small business users. You should be able to comfortably handle intermediate to advanced Windows-based PC issues, including small office networking, virus & spyware issues, This is a commission-based position depending on experience and productivity. You will handle and be responsible for all onsite service work, and will receive a percentage of all profits from your service calls.
The right candidate for this job will be someone confident in their technical skills, with good communications skills, and able to manage their own time and priorities.
Applicants must possess the following skills:
- Diagnose PC software and user problems.
- Sell PC hardware, software, peripherals, wired & wireless networks.
- Ability to configure and install PC equipment, peripherals, operating systems and application packages.
- Install and support wired and wireless networks.
- Evaluate and test new hardware and software packages.
- Applications experience and familiarity including Windows, Microsoft Office, Norton and spyware removal programs.
- Read and interpret technical documentation.
- Support customers and answer computer users inquiries concerning systems operations and use of applications.
- Answer telephones and offer assistance.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Write invoices, letters and perform basic administrative duties.
- Participate in all aspects of onsite technical services.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of new technical support and preventative maintenance programs for existing and potential clients.
- Contact, interact, assist, and track current and new clients.
- Conduct on-site technical visits, both scheduled and as a result of immediate calls for quick-response troubleshooting.
- Maintain hardware and software inventories; order, track, and receive new hardware and software and replacements parts, as required.
- Act as a help desk manager – respond, and/or seek assistance, and reply to incoming phone calls and emails in regard to technical inquiries.
- Assist in the response to RFPs and RFIs. Participate in external sales calls and related marketing activities.
- Report to the Chief Geek.
- Technical or associates degree in information technology or related field or related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Microsoft Office and Windows/Mac OS desktop operating systems is required.
- A+ and/or Net+ certification, a plus.
- Cisco and/or Microsoft MCSE/MCA, a plus.
- Hands-on experience as a network administrator in Windows server (SBS) environment and experience in supporting Microsoft Office and Windows desktop operating systems is desired.
- Experience in the support of remote locations via the Internet is desirable.
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes administration and experience with Gateway/Dell desktops and servers desirable.
- Knowledge of hubs, switches, routers, and TCP/IP is highly desirable.
- Experience in supporting Macintosh users helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an energetic team member, interest in emerging technologies, and excellent verbal communication skills are essential.
For consideration, you must have a clean DMV record and be willing to submit to drug screening and criminal background checks.
Please visit our website at www.GEEK911.com for additional information about our company.
Send us your resume:
ATTN: Human Resources
4750 Almaden Expressway
Suite 124 PMB 281
San Jose, CA 95118
or via email to: career@GEEK911.com
Service Area: Greater San Francisco Bay Area. Check out our service area map.
Compensation: This is a commission-based position.
Telecommuting is ok.
This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us about this job!
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact us about other services, products or commercial interests.